Sunday, August 15, 2010

OIL IN YOUR LAMP

Matthew 25:1-13
This is called Oil in your Lamp because I will make suggestions on what I have learned that has helped me and in the comments the rest of you can add your ideas.
I tried to upload an image of an oil lamp but haven't figured that out yet so maybe I will add it later.
I have been thinking about this for a long time and maybe I should set up a website instead. I want to have something we can all do to help each other and our friends prepare for the coming of the Savior.
One drop of oil at a time.

A. Prayer - Also refer to April 4, 2009 blog - Miskin Milestone
1. Add prayer to your daily activities.
2. If you are already praying daily but only once, add another prayer time.
3. Have family prayer daily and if you are married at least one prayer with your spouse separate from the children.
4. If you have children and have not taught them to say individual prayers now is a good time to start teaching them.
5. Always have a prayer of gratefulness in your heart to our Father for the abundant blessings He has given us.
6. Before praying think of questions you might have about your life and relationship with HF and J. Ask them in your prayers.
7. After establishing a regular prayer each day. Bring a notebook and pen with you to your prayers and write down any inspiration you might feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment