Friday, January 1, 2010

Summer Reunion

Hey, everyone, I finally have something to write about. My year has been interesting. Lots of ups and downs and learning to rely on the Lord again. I have been mulling over the reunion and this is what I have come up with so far. Date and place to be announced later, however I think we will have it in Utah because that seems to be most convenient for Jessica whom we are excited to see again.
I think we will have it on a Saturday but not sure, so here goes.
10:00-12:00 Arrive, visit, games for the kids, and maybe some genealogy sharing.
12:00 Lunch - pot luck - don't know what yet but summer reminds me of fried chicken
1:00 talent show - at least one representative per family. It can be singing, dancing, gymnastics, musical instrument playing, crafts, quilting, scrapbooking, painting, drawing, sports, etc. If you bring something to show be prepared to talk about it not just display.
2:00 Sharing of one story about your life - faith-promoting hopefully. I'd like to hear some from missions or some principle of the gospel that you have learned or just a funny story about life. I would like to hear lots of these.
3:00 visiting, more games, maybe miniature golf, etc.
I am open to suggestions

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds great. Do you have an idea of location? If we do it in Jill's back yard, it would accommodate us all and it would be free. We could go places from there -- like mini golfing -- if we chose to. Of course, we might have to borrow some chairs and tables. We could grill for lunch and then go out for dinner. Well, maybe we should just get pizza for dinner or something. There are almost too many of us to go out unless we got a banquet room. We could play football or ultimate frisbee in that park near Jill's house in the afternoon. Just some thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica has a lot of fun ideas. We are up for any of that. It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete